Social media strategies
What is a social media strategy?
Social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn are widely used by everyone these days. So, the business has set particular goals to accelerate its revenue. Example S-M-A-R-T,
- Specific: Your goals should be clear, concise, and defined.
- Measurable: Your goals should be measurable using metrics.
- Achievable: Make sure your goals are achievable according to available resources.
- Realistic: With available time and money, it is possible to achieve your goals
- Time-bound: Every goal needs a specific time phase to achieve its objective.
To achieve these goals, various social media marketing strategies are being developed by marketing experts. For this, they use various marketing channels.
Social media strategy is a concise plan of the objectives an entrepreneur aims to achieve through social media. Your social media marketing plan should include all your current and planned social media activities, along with specific goals for the platforms the brand is involved in. The goals you set should align with your business’s overall strategic plan for digital advertising.
• Impact of social media strategies on your business
Social media marketing can help companies:
- Enhance brand awareness
- Build engaged communities
- Sell services and products
- Find out how customers think about your business
- Market the products or services they offer to specific consumers
- Assess your performance and alter your strategy to suit your needs.
• How to create a social media strategy
A social media strategy should be designed so that it can meet its objective set by the entrepreneur. Here are some points which are fruitful for an effective social media communication strategy.
• Educate your audience about the brand
Informing your audience about the brand is always the best solution. If you offer valuable details and tips regarding the brand, people will look forward to your post, and eventually, they will turn into loyal customers.
Inform followers directly via social media through your account for education, such as blog posts or social media posts that add value to customers’ knowledge.
• Be Interactive and consistent.
To be consistent and interactive with your audience is the key to a successful social media strategy. Usually, marketing strategies are planned and scheduled with a calendar. This planning process makes the whole process easy and convenient. Different posts in the form of games are also being played to understand the customers’ psychology.
- Test their knowledge: Answer a question and invite users to voice their opinions or share their thoughts on the topic.
- Different games: i.e “test your understanding,” can also be fun to engage with your client.
- Make polls: It’s easy to make polls using Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Along with engagement, you will gain valuable information about the client.
- Create content that is relatable for the audience
To further engage your customers, run campaigns across all your social media channels. Remember that these campaigns are run by virtually every company today, so you will need to give yourself an edge to help you stand out from the crowd. Add emotional elements to your social media campaigns so that your audience can relate to it. An efficient cross-channel social media campaign will:
- Tell an engaging story.
- Link back to a landing page that will give your audience more information about your campaign.
- Have a unique and memorable name coupled with relevant hashtags.
- Keep your competitors in mind
The competitor analysis helps you know who your competitors are and what they’re doing. You’ll be able to get a clear idea of what’s expected within your field, which can help you set goals for social media for yourself. It can also assist you in identifying opportunities and coming up with different ideas. One competitor is dominating on Facebook for instance. However, they have put minimal effort into Twitter and Instagram. You may want to focus on those platforms where your target audience is being ignored.
- Measure the performance of the campaign and make an amendment
When the marketing strategy begins to be implemented and monitor the results, it can be observed that specific strategies aren’t as effective as expected. Others are performing better. Alongside the analytics for every social platform, UTM-related parameters are also utilized to monitor social users who visit a website. So that it is known precisely which posts from social networks generate the most traffic for the site.