All About Internal Linking and How It Helps Your SEO
How to Improve Blog Conversion Rates - Simple and Effective
Have you ever wondered how some websites rank higher than others on search engine results pages? Most of them used the internal linking strategy. Internal linking is one of the main SEO techniques that help websites boost their rankings. This article will discuss internal linking and how it can help your website’s SEO.
We’ll also discuss tips on how to use internal linking to improve your website’s search engine ranking. So keep reading:
What is Internal Linking
Internal links are hyperlinks that connect two pages on the same website.
It is useful for users and search engines because it helps them find content on your website. People use links on your website to find the information they want.
For the SEO of your website, internal linking is an essential part. Even Google takes them into account when ranking your website.
There are many types of internal linking. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Navigation Link
- Text Link
- Image Link
- Contextual Link
- Footer Link
How To Setup a Proper an Internal Linking Strategy
You need to check and improve your website’s SEO regularly. One way to do this is by improving your internal linking strategy. It will help Google understand your website better.
If you want to set a perfect internal linking strategy, there are a few things you need to think about.
How you do it depends on your site and what you want to achieve, but some general steps will help. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Basic Structure Of Website
When creating a website, it is important to consider its structure. The homepage is at the top, with categories or sections below. Within these categories, there are subcategories or individual pages.
However, this is the ideal structure for a website, as it makes it easy for users to find what they are looking for. It is also easy for Google to understand and index a website with this structure.
Choose the Important Content of Your Website
Before you start internal linking, you must decide on your most important pages. You want to rank these pages in search engines for your chosen keywords.
Your homepage is usually the most important page on your website. You want people to find your content when searching for topics or products you specialize in.
So, it is best to optimize the homepage first. Adding links to your content is important, so it will help you in ranking.
Add Contextual Links
If you have written more than one article about a certain topic, it is helpful to link them together. It will help your audience to learn more about the topic and see your work.
Adding links to your articles from other articles on the same topic will show Google and the audience that your articles are related. And will also help you to rank all your articles.
Use Anchor Text Properly
You’ll need to use the right anchor text to do the proper internal linking. The accurate way to do this is to use a keyword phrase that describes the page you’re linking to.
However, this will help the search engines understand the page and index it accordingly.
Anchor texts are of various types. Let’s discuss them below:
- Use anchor text according to your topic. It will help to create a more natural flow. This type of anchor is similar to your target keywords and helps you to rank easily.
- Ensure that the anchor text (the text you use to link to other pages on your website) is relevant and sounds natural. Stuffing keywords into your anchor text no longer works because the algorithm of google has been changed, so try to work according to new techniques.
- Always use the Anchor text that should give the reader context about where the link will lead.
Benefits of Internal Linking
Internal linking can be a powerful weapon in your SEO when used correctly.
It will help improve your website’s overall link structure and provide several other benefits that can help you rank higher in (SERPs).
There are some important benefits to interlinking that are mentioned below:
- It helps the search engine easily navigate through your website
- All the important pages of your website are connected
- More internal links can help you rank better for certain keywords
- Through internal linking, you can make the proper architecture of your website.
- It makes your website more user-friendly
- It can help increase the average time a user spends on your website.
- You can also rank your content on any specific keyword.
So, Internal linking is the best technique to optimize your website for better search engine ranking. If you want to improve your website’s ranking or SEO, then internal linking should be one of the first things you focus on. However, if you don’t have the time or knowledge to do it yourself, get in touch with an SEO expert to get an accurate result.